Sunday, June 20, 2010

Development of my Office design.

I found this wood bitmap texture on http://dit.perm.ru/articles/3DMAX/Tutorial2/Images/Modeling/WoodBoard.jpg.
I prefer this texture to the previous texture that i used because the tone of the wood is more rich and this texture is more detailed compared to my previous texture. This texture also shows a series of individual planks which gives a more realistic quality to my design.


I used the wood bitmap texture that I found online and photoshopped it into my tree branch floor design. I think this is more successful compared to my first experiment, because you can see the individual wood planks and the wood planks are more detailed, which makes my floor look more realistic.





I wanted my floor design to be mostly made of glass so that it will give an "unstable" feeling for people who walk on it, I want this to portray the idea of the instability of our environment if humans don't look after it.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Most of my walls have large "windows" or transparent areas that allow people to see into my office, or to see outside the office. This creates more interaction between the inside and outside of my office.






I kept developing the design of my walls, so that there is more change in my office design.

With this first wall I overlapped my texture to create a more ambiguous form. The viewer can see recognise the tree branch shape, but it is harder to identify top and bottom of the tree.


With the second wall, I intersected a thinner white wall into the existing wall, this makes my wall stand out more against the interior walls. It also blocks the interaction with the outside from that side of the office because I want people to be directed toward the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment